Aside from the world of mathematics, I like to let students know a little about myself and my personal interests. During my undergraduate years, I had a chance to study abroad in Russia. While I was there, I saw a woman wearing the most incredible shoes. Attached is the photograph of these shoes. I chose to share this picture with the creative commons community through
Flickr. For one, it is a picture online that I can use to show my students a bit of my personal interest. Second, the outside world might find a pair of shoes valuable for art, discussion of cultures, etc. To share my discovery of these shoes, I decided to post them on Flicker!
Photo Attribution:
Original Image: “Shoes in Russia”
By: Deborah Johnson: lildebbiesj85
Released under an Attribution, Noncommercial, Share Alike License
Ouch! Just looking at them, makes my feet hurt! I bet your girls (read: students) love this image and probably wish they had a pair just like them. Were you able to find any images on Create Commons Search site to use with your students. Another interesting pair of shoes, perhaps.
ReplyDelete