For my personal wiki, I decided to use PBworks. Ideally, I would like to use this wiki as a class resource next year in my classroom. As a result, I tried to keep the categories focused upon education: calendars, assignments, syllabus, and fun math resources. I was able to add “plugins” such as a calendar, videos, and photos. The site also allowed other elements to be added into the wiki, such as Equation Editor, although it seemed rather tedious to complete the “plugin.” A link to my site is included, but you will need to “Request Access” to view the actual site:
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Wiki Lab
When I looked into adding a notable fact about my school on Wikipedia, I was quick to discover that there was not a specific wiki for Berkmar Middle School. True, Berkmar Middle School was cited on other pages, but there were not any links specific to my school. One way to start a page for Wikipedia is to first search for the specific school. After going through the search and confirming there is not a page previously created, simply clicking on the link for that search will allow a user to create a Wikipedia page. On my page, I put where Berkmar Middle School is located and what school district the middle school belongs in. The following screen shot shows the Wikipedia I created for Berkmar Middle School:
For my personal wiki, I decided to use PBworks. Ideally, I would like to use this wiki as a class resource next year in my classroom. As a result, I tried to keep the categories focused upon education: calendars, assignments, syllabus, and fun math resources. I was able to add “plugins” such as a calendar, videos, and photos. The site also allowed other elements to be added into the wiki, such as Equation Editor, although it seemed rather tedious to complete the “plugin.” A link to my site is included, but you will need to “Request Access” to view the actual site:
For my personal wiki, I decided to use PBworks. Ideally, I would like to use this wiki as a class resource next year in my classroom. As a result, I tried to keep the categories focused upon education: calendars, assignments, syllabus, and fun math resources. I was able to add “plugins” such as a calendar, videos, and photos. The site also allowed other elements to be added into the wiki, such as Equation Editor, although it seemed rather tedious to complete the “plugin.” A link to my site is included, but you will need to “Request Access” to view the actual site:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment